Hello Harmony / Garfield County Families,
Happy New Year!
Hope you had an amazing break and are ready to start fresh. We are on to a new semester and new opportunities to learn. This is a great time to sit down with your children, if you haven’t already, to create a plan to stay on track and be successful. If you ever have any questions, remember your mentor is here to help.
In this Touchpoint:
- Flex Submission Dates
- Portfolio Submissions for 3rd Quarter
- Resource Orders
- Garfield County Contact Information
- Get Social
A great place to stay up-to-date on important dates is the calendar found on the parent dashboard. Here you’ll find information such as Flex submission dates, testing dates, school dates, etc.
Click here for the official Garfield County School District calendar for the 2022-23 school year.
Upcoming School Dates:
Jan 11: Beginning of 2nd Semester
Jan 16: MLK Jr. Day (No School)
Feb 20: Presidents Day (No School)
March 20: End of 3rd Quarter
Flex Submission Dates
3rd quarter is starting and with that new Flex submissions dates. Below are all the Flex submission dates for 3rd quarter.
- January 27 – (Kindergarten – Language Arts, Math, Science, Social Studies)
- February 10 – (Kindergarten – Language Arts, Math)
- February 24 – (Kindergarten – Language Arts, Math, Science, Social Studies)
- March 10 – (Kindergarten – Language Arts, Math)
Portfolio Submissions for 3rd Quarter
The 3rd quarter portfolio submissions are due on Feb. 17 and must be submitted by Mar. 10. All portfolios need to be submitted no later than Mar. 10 to give the teachers time to review and grade them before the end of the quarter. If you have any questions about portfolios, please contact your mentor.
The guidelines for portfolios are as follows:
- 5-8 portfolio items per subject.
- Items need to show student work, and examples could include worksheets, reports, tests/quizzes, science projects, etc. Remember that portfolio Items should be the student’s actual work, not a learning log or description of what the student has been doing.
- Portfolio items need to be grade-level work.
- Portfolio items need to demonstrate student work over the course of at least 2 months.
- Be sure that any files that you submit are in pdf or jpeg format. Some formats are not accessible for our teachers. Only file formats that a teacher can access will be graded.
Resource ordering is open until January 31. Make sure you submit any orders that need to be placed by then. This includes all forms of ordering, excluding reimbursement.
You can now submit multiple files per reimbursement request, so you no longer need to combine receipts into one document.
You can check your student’s funding balance by going to your parent dashboard and scrolling down to see your child’s name. Then click on Student Funding Account. There you’ll see the remaining balance for your child.
You can also check the status of your resource orders by clicking on each resource order link. If there is an issue with your resource order, you can contact the ordering department by submitting a Help Desk Ticket. You may leave comments related to missing items, provide additional information, etc. Note: The Help Desk is only for resource order questions.
Garfield County Contact Information
Here is the contact information for Garfield County school.
Sarah Oyler, Administrator
Nicole Spencer, Secretary
Are you part of our growing community of Harmony parents? If not, please join us and get social. It’s a great place to share what is working with your family, ask questions of other parents, and receive updates on Harmony activities.
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/harmonyedutah/
- Instagram https://www.instagram.com/harmonyed_/
We wish you a wonderful school year!
Brianna Webster, Garfield Account Manager (email@example.com)
Denise Glines, Paraeducator (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Heather Taylor, Mentor (email@example.com)
Erica Finneman, Mentor (firstname.lastname@example.org)