Hello Logan / Harmony Families,
We’re so excited for Spring, which is just around the corner! It is time for another monthly touchpoint email.
This is our touchpoint email, and you will receive one every month. Look for it because it will contain pertinent links, important dates and other information to keep you fully informed. Be sure to add this email address to your contact list so that you never miss one.
In this Touchpoint:
- Important Dates
- Harmony Portfolio Courses
- Reimbursement Requests
- Flex Feedback Form
- Staying on Pace
Here are important upcoming dates. You’ll also find the calendar on your parent dashboard.
Upcoming School Dates
- Spring Break: April 5-9, no school, mentors will be on break as well
- May 28: Last day of school
Options Day Dates
- March 18: Heber location – no Options Day due to Spring Break
- May 11: Roy location – last day of Options Day classes
- May 19: Lehi location – last day of Options Day classes
- May 27: Heber location – last day of Options Day classes
Flex Submission Dates
Here are the remaining Flex Direct and Flex Independent submission due dates for 2nd semester.
- March 19 [Flex Elective Submission; No Kindergarten Submission]
- April 2 [Flex Elective submission; Kindergarten – Language Arts, Math, Science, Social Studies]
- April 16 [Kindergarten – Language Arts, Math]
- April 30 [ Flex Elective Submission; Kindergarten – Language Arts, Math, Science, Social Studies]
- May 14 [Kindergarten – Language Arts, Math]
Harmony Portfolio Courses
Here’s a reminder to learning logs each week for your child’s Harmony Portfolio courses. Learning logs help students meet attendance requirements and also let us know what your child has been working on during the week.
If you have not submitted the 3rd quarterly portfolio yet, please do so right away. Portfolio submissions need to show what the student has been learning for the past two months. The quarterly portfolio submissions dates for 2nd semester are:
- March 5: 3rd quarterly portfolio due
- May 7: 4th quarterly portfolio due
Please note that for second semester, two quarterly portfolio submissions will be required. The guidelines for portfolios are as follows:
- 5-8 portfolio items per subject.
- Items need to show student work, and examples could include worksheets, reports, tests/quizzes, science projects, etc. Remember that portfolio Items should be the student’s actual work, not a learning log or description of what the student has been doing.
- Portfolio items need to be grade-level work.
- Portfolio items need to demonstrate student work over the course of at least 2 months.
- Be sure that any files that you submit are in pdf or jpeg format. Some formats are not accessible for our teachers. Only file formats that a teacher can access will be graded.
If you have any questions about portfolios, please contact your mentor.
You are able to submit a reimbursement request each month from now through May 31 for each child. Only one document may be uploaded for each reimbursement request, but you may include multiple receipts in the document.
Please note that resource ordering is now closed for the year, which includes resource orders for learning materials, Internet, and 3rd Party in which Harmony pays directly for the orders.
You can check your student’s funding balance by going to your parent dashboard and scrolling down to see your child’s name. Then click on Student Funding Account. There you’ll see the remaining balance for your child.
You can also check the status of your resource orders by clicking on each resource order link. If there is an issue with your resource order, you can contact the ordering department by submitting a Help Desk Ticket. You may leave comments related to missing items, provide additional information, etc. Note: The Help Desk is only for resource order questions.
Flex Feedback Form
We’ve provided the Flex Feedback Form as a convenient way for you to let Harmony know about specific concerns with Flex quizzes or worksheets. These issues could include difficulty finding resources for a question, broken links to online resources, a confusing or misstated question, or even a spelling or grammatical error.
Please submit your specific concerns via the Flex Feedback Form. You can also find a link to the form on the parent dashboard in the Quick Access Links box.
Staying on Pace
Be sure to stay on pace with your submissions, as well as online coursework. Logan City School District reviews progress reports each month.
Contact your mentor if you have a question or issue regarding your student’s courses. Your mentor is your main point of contact at Harmony and is available to help with any issues and concerns you may be having about courses, ordering, grades, etc.
Nancie Pratt, Program Manager
Hannah Keller, Mentor
Heather Taylor, Mentor