Dear Harmony / Twin Falls Families,
We are excited to have your family join us for the 2019-20 school year, and we want to give you some important information and updates for the new year.
We are pleased to announce that Gwen Adams has joined Harmony as the new mentor for our Twin Falls families. Gwen has worked as a reading specialist and has homeschool experience as well. She will be contacting you to help you get ready for the 2019-2020 school year. You may also contact her at email@example.com or (801) 787-1040. Her hours are Mondays-Thursdays from 8:30 am to 1:30 pm.
For the 2019-20 school year, student funding will increase as follows:
- Each student receives a funding allotment of $300 per course for 6 courses, for a total of $1800 funding. Kindergarten students receive half of that amount, or $900.
- An additional technology allowance of $400 is added for Twin Falls Virtual Schoolhouse students in grades 1-8 ($200 for Kindergarten students) which may also be used for technology, Internet, and a wide range of learning materials to meet your student’s educational plan.
- After core and elective course costs are deducted from student funding, remaining funds are used for learning resources that support each student’s core courses.
For the 2019-20 school year, 3rd Party classes may not be used to fulfill elective requirements. For students in grades K-6, elective courses are optional. Students in grades 7-8 take two electives each semester from our course catalog. 3rd Party classes may still be selected as additional learning resources using the student’s funding allotment.
Course Selection, Resource Ordering, and Reimbursements
We know that many of you have been wondering when course selection and resource ordering will be open. Though we generally begin resource ordering on July 1, we are not yet able to open course selection and resource ordering, due to unanticipated delays in an update of our course selection system.
We will contact you as soon as course selection is open. Once you’ve completed your child’s course selection and have had the Student Success Plan (SSP) meeting with your mentor, you will then be able to order resources or submit reimbursement requests.
Parents may select either reimbursements or our online resource ordering system for learning materials, Internet, 3rd Party, etc.
- Reimbursements may be submitted up to 10 times per year (once a month) for each student.
- Resource ordering has two ordering periods: July through October 31, and December 1 through January 31.
If you have not yet confirmed your student’s returning enrollment for 2019-20, please do so as soon as possible by clicking on the link below. Remember to log in to the Family Resource Center first. When you click on the link, you’ll first be prompted to verify parent contact information, and then student enrollment.
Twin Falls Account Manager
Twin Falls Mentor