Hello Harmony / VIBE Families,
We are excited to announce details and changes for the 2019-20 school year. These changes have been made in conjunction with VIBE administrators. We have outlined the changes below and ask that you read this email carefully and then contact us if you have any questions.
New Student Enrollment
We are now opening new student enrollment, and applicants are being sent an acceptance email with instructions for completing the enrollment process.
Returning Student Enrollment Confirmation
As a reminder, enrollment confirmation for current students is currently ongoing. Please use the link to Harmony’s Enrollment Confirmation form found below. We ask that you fill out this form for each student, even if they will not be returning to VIBE and Harmony Educational Services for the next school year.
Please Note: If you have a 6th grader going into 7th grade, the following immunizations are required for re-enrollment: TDAP booster and Meningococcal. If your 7th grader will not be receiving these immunizations, a new personal exemption for immunizations needs to be completed and submitted.
Flex, our most popular program, is now called Flex Direct. Certified teachers will be providing instruction for the Flex Direct courses, and the courses will use the existing Flex worksheets as a basis for instruction.
- Flex instruction sessions will be provided for all core courses. These sessions will be live and given once a week for each grade level and subject. The sessions will also be recorded and available for students who are not able to view the live instruction.
- Viewing the live or recorded teacher instruction will count toward attendance requirements for students.
- Students will be able to ask the teacher questions during the live sessions.
- Students will submit either the Flex worksheet or complete an online quiz that matches the worksheet.
- Flex worksheets are submitted or quizzes are taken every two weeks.
- Flex without teacher instruction will not be offered.
- Flex elective courses will not be offered this year. Instead, students may select other elective courses from our course catalog.
- Options Day elective classes will be available.
- For all grades, elective courses are optional.
As part of your child’s enrollment with VIBE, Harmony will be tracking student attendance on a weekly basis. Attendance will be based on student / teacher contact, on-time submissions, and adequate progress in online courses. Students who fall behind in attendance will be contacted to help them understand and meet the requirements.
3rd Party Lessons
For the 2019-20 school year, 3rd Party lessons as a learning resource will not be available.
- Students may choose Options Day as an elective course, and fun classes such as art, robotics, and more are provided, based on location.
- For other types of supplemental resources that may be ordered, click on this link for some suggestions that other families have enjoyed.
- You may also refer to the Curriculum and Resource Ordering Guidelines available in the Family Resource Center (log in to access this resource). This link has FAQs about ordering, including what types of items are approved and not approved.
Course Selection and Resource Ordering
Course selection will be available by the end of July, and we will send you an email to start the process. Mentor assistants will be helping with Student Success Plan (SSP) meetings, so that course approval can happen in a timely manner. Once the mentor has approved the course selection, parents will be able to place resource orders.
Contacting the Minnesota Mentor Team
At this busy time of year, emailing our mentor team is the best way to contact us. So if you have questions, please email us at email@example.com.
We look forward to working with you and your family during this new school year.