Greetings Harmony-AISU families,
Many of you have questions about the recent AISU closure discussion. Regardless of the decision made by the AISU Board of Directors you may still enroll at Harmony for the next school year.
Besides AISU, in the State of Utah, Harmony also partners with Provo eSchool. This relationship will continue for the 2019-20 school year and beyond. Please be aware that your AISU student is eligible to transfer to the Provo eSchool program for the 2019-20 school year. Our enrollment team will contact you with information regarding the transfer process.
We also want to make you aware of some changes to the Harmony program that will be in place for Provo eSchool during the 2019-20 school year. We are redesigning our Flex program to better meet the needs of our students. Flex will now have two available options, Flex Independent and Flex Direct. We are also very excited to add a new curricular offering, Harmony Portfolio. Here is some information about each of these new programs.
A customized course that caters to your child’s individual skills and needs.
- Allows you to design each course based on the grade level of the student
- You will submit a weekly narrative, learning log, or part of your child’s portfolio
- As you instruct your child and complete assignments of your choice you will compile these into a portfolio that will be reviewed quarterly by a certified teacher.
Comparable to our current Flex curriculum.
- Follow the outline of the Flex worksheets.
- You grade the worksheet for your child and submit the graded worksheet or the worksheet number and score every two weeks.
- This course will be supported and reviewed by certified teachers.
A new course that is taught by a certified teacher, based upon the Flex curriculum.
- Flex curriculum is taught live by certified teachers.
- Direct instruction sessions are recorded for review or for students who are unable to attend the live session.
- Flex worksheets or scores are submitted every two weeks.
We are very pleased with these new offerings and hope they will be a great benefit for you and your children. Please contact Stacey Snow (email@example.com) with any questions or for more information.