Dear Harmony Families,
We are pleased to give you the details for the Harmony program offered with Wasatch County School District. We will be sending you enrollment information later this week, so please watch your inbox for that important information. Here are the highlights for the 2020-21 school year.
- Grades K-8 are offered, and all students who apply will be able to enroll.
- Grades K-5 take 3 core courses (Language Arts, Math, Science) and 1 elective course.
- Grades 6-8 take 4 core courses (Language Arts, Math, Science, and Social Studies) and 2 elective courses each semester.
- NEW: An online parent orientation replaces the Student Success Plan meeting with a mentor. This will speed up the process and will allow you to complete the orientation when it’s convenient for you!
- You will be assigned a mentor as your family’s primary contact with Harmony.
- Please note: Information about special education will be coming soon.
Student Funding Allocation
- Grades 1-8 receive a student funding allocation of $1800. Kindergarten receives $900.
- Student funding is used for core and elective courses, learning materials, laptops and tablets, and 3rd Party lessons.
- Flex Direct and Flex Independent courses will be offered for all grades. Flex Direct courses include weekly live video lessons with certified teachers.
- Harmony Portfolio courses will be available for all grades.
- NEW: Harmony has added MobyMax, an online core curriculum for grades K-8.
- Online courses will be offered as listed in the Harmony course catalog.
- Options Day will be offered in Roy and Lehi and potentially in Heber and other locations.
Free Supplemental Resources
- NEW: All Harmony students receive the following free, supplemental online resources: Brain Pop or Brain Pop Jr, Reading Eggs, Spelling City, and Study Island.
- Parents will be able to use Harmony’s resource ordering system twice a year for ordering learning materials that are sent directly to your home.
- NEW: Parents may purchase materials and submit receipts (dated July 1, 2020 to May 31, 2021) each month for reimbursement. Parents may use both resource ordering and reimbursements.
- Student funding may be used for 3rd Party lessons, such as karate, piano lessons, etc.
We look forward to working with your family for the coming school year. Remember to watch for an email to confirm your enrollment and start the enrollment process!