Greeting Harmony Families,
This email contains exciting news and instructions for your child’s quarterly portfolio reviews.
We have added 2 new options for how you may submit your child’s portfolio for review by our teachers.
- You may submit a video demonstrating your child’s portfolio via Studio, within Canvas.
- You may also submit your child’s portfolio by uploading files directly to Canvas for review by a Harmony teacher.
To submit via either of these options, simply follow the instructions below:
- Sign in to your child’s Canvas account.
- Select the desired class for submission.
- Select Assignment “Quarter 1 Review.”
- Select “Submit Assignment.”
To create and upload a video (must have an enabled webcam):
- Select “Studio.”
- Click “Record” and select “Webcam Capture.”
- Click “Start Recording.” Proceed to record video. When complete click “Done.”
- If desired, name your video. Then click “Save.”
- Select recorded video and click “Embed.”
- Click “Submit Assignment.”
To upload the portfolio files:
- Click “Add Another File” to add enough slots for the number of submissions you are needing.
- Click “Choose File” to select each file from your computer. Please note that .pdf and .jpg file types will work the best for portfolio submissions.
- After attaching all necessary files, click “Submit Assignment.”
If you wish to meet virtually with a teacher to review your child’s portfolio, you still may. Simply contact your mentor via email expressing your interest in a virtual meeting. Your mentor will then schedule this meeting with you and a Harmony teacher.
Portfolio submissions for Quarter 1 are due Friday, November 1st. As the teachers review your Quarter 1 portfolio, some of the things they will be watching for are:
- Grade level work
- Examples of work demonstrating progress through one quarter of the school year (5-8 distinct items)
- Can include unit tests, papers written, assignments covering different topics and standards
We look forward to reviewing the wonderful portfolios that you have been compiling.