Dear Harmony Parent,
Here’s the final reminder about course progress and upcoming due dates. Please note: Friday, May 22 is the last day of school. All online coursework, Flex worksheets/quizzes, and Harmony portfolios must be submitted by the last day of school in order for it to be graded.
If your child has online courses (such as DreamBox, ALEKS, Odyssey, etc.), be sure to keep up with the pacing so that your child is making regular progress in their courses. Please note that Friday, May 22 is the last day of school and the final day to work in online courses.
If your child has a BYU course, they will need to complete coursework by May 8. BYU final exams need to be taken by May 15.
Flex Independent and Flex Direct Submissions
Friday, May 15 is the final submission date for Flex Independent and Flex Direct courses. Be sure to catch up on missing submissions.
Harmony 4th Quarter Portfolio Submissions
The 4th quarter portfolio submissions were due on Friday, May 1, and our teachers are reviewing and grading the portfolios now. If you haven’t yet submitted your child’s portfolios, please do so right away for final grading.
The guidelines for portfolios are as follows:
- 5-8 portfolio items of student work per subject.
- Items need to show student work, and examples could include worksheets, reports, tests/quizzes, science projects, etc. Remember that portfolio Items should be the student’s actual work, not a learning log or description of what the student has been doing.
- Portfolio items need to be grade-level work.
- Portfolio items need to demonstrate student work over the course of at least 2 months.
You may use one of the following ways to submit your child’s portfolio for review by our teachers.
- You may submit a video demonstrating your child’s portfolio via Studio, within Canvas.
- You may also submit your child’s portfolio by uploading files directly to Canvas for review by a Harmony teacher.
- If you wish to meet virtually with a teacher to review your child’s portfolio, you still may. Simply contact Nancie Metro, account manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org, to express your interest in a virtual meeting. A Harmony teacher will then schedule this meeting with you.
To submit by video or upload, simply follow the instructions below:
- Sign in to your child’s Canvas account.
- Select the desired class for submission.
- Select Assignment “Quarter 1 Review.”
- Select “Submit Assignment.”
To create and upload a video (must have an enabled webcam):
- Select “Studio.”
- Click “Record” and select “Webcam Capture.”
- Click “Start Recording.” Proceed to record video. When complete click “Done.”
- If desired, name your video. Then click “Save.”
- Select recorded video and click “Embed.”
- Click “Submit Assignment.”
To upload the portfolio files:
- Click “Add Another File” to add enough slots for the number of submissions you are needing.
- Click “Choose File” to select each file from your computer. Please note that .pdf and .jpg file types will work the best for portfolio submissions.
- After attaching all necessary files, click “Submit Assignment.”
If you have any questions about your student’s progress, please contact your mentor or Nancie Metro, Provo account manager, at email@example.com.
We hope your family stays safe and healthy.
Provo Account Manager