Hello, Harmony / Pioneer Virtual Academy Families,
We hope you are having a wonderful spring! With more sunshine and nature blossoming, we know you and your students are wanting to get outside more and get fresh air. It isn’t quite summer time, but May will be here before we know it.
So help to encourage your children to complete their school work so that they are up to date and have everything submitted before the end of the school year. If you have any issues or questions, remember that your mentor is always there to help you. If you forget how to contact them, their email is at the bottom of this email.
In this Touchpoint:
- Flex Submission Dates
- Re-enrollment 2023-24
- Portfolio Submissions for 4th Quarter
- Get Social
A great place to stay up-to-date on important dates is the calendar found on the parent dashboard. Here you’ll find information such as Flex submission dates, testing dates, school dates, etc.
Click here for the official Pioneer Virtual Academy calendar for the 2022-23 school year.
Upcoming School Dates:
Apr 7: Good Friday (No School)
May 25: Last Day to Submit Work
Flex Submission Dates
Here are the Flex Direct and Flex Independent submission due dates for 4th quarter:
- April 14 – (Kindergarten – Language Arts, Math, Social Studies)
- April 28 – (Kindergarten – Language Arts, Math, Science)
- May 12 – (Kindergarten – Language Arts, Math, Social Studies)
Enrollment will open up this month for the 2023-24 school year. You will receive an email with instructions on how to re-enroll. If you have younger children or friends who would like to enroll, you can complete a new student application now. We look forward to working with your family for the new school year!
Portfolio Submissions for 4th Quarter
The 4th quarter portfolio submissions are due on Apr. 21 and must be submitted by May 25. All portfolios need to be submitted no later than Mar. 10 to give the teachers time to review and grade them before the end of the quarter. If you have any questions about portfolios, please contact your mentor.
The guidelines for portfolios are as follows:
- 5-8 portfolio items per subject.
- Items need to show student work, and examples could include worksheets, reports, tests/quizzes, science projects, etc. Remember that portfolio Items should be the student’s actual work, not a learning log or description of what the student has been doing.
- Portfolio items need to be grade-level work.
- Portfolio items need to demonstrate student work over the course of at least 2 months.
- Be sure that any files that you submit are in pdf or jpeg format. Some formats are not accessible for our teachers. Only file formats that a teacher can access will be graded.
Are you part of our growing community of Harmony parents? If not, please join us and get social. It’s a great place to share what is working with your family, ask questions of other parents, and receive updates on Harmony activities.
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/harmonyedTennessee/
- Instagram https://www.instagram.com/harmonyed_/
We wish you a wonderful school year!