Hello, Harmony / Pioneer Virtual Academy Families,
Wow! This year is going by fast and we are quickly reaching the end of the school year, make sure your students submit on time and stay up to date on all their work. If you have any problems or questions, please reach out to your mentor, and they are happy and ready to help.
In this Touchpoint:
- Flex Submission Dates
- Portfolio Submissions for 3rd Quarter
- Get Social
A great place to stay up-to-date on important dates is the calendar found on the parent dashboard. Here you’ll find information such as Flex submission dates, testing dates, school dates, etc.
Click here for the official Pioneer Virtual Academy calendar for the 2022-23 school year.
Upcoming School Dates:
March 10: End of 3rd Quarter
Mar 13-17: Spring Break (No School)
March 20: Teacher Inservice Day (No School)
Apr 7: Good Friday (No School)
Flex Submission Dates
Here are the Flex Direct and Flex Independent submission due dates for 3rd quarter:
- March 10 – (No Kindergarten Submission)
Flex Direct and Flex Independent submission due dates for 4th quarter:
- March 31 – (Kindergarten – Language Arts, Math, Science)
- April 14 – (Kindergarten – Language Arts, Math, Social Studies)
- April 28 – (Kindergarten – Language Arts, Math, Science)
- May 12 – (Kindergarten – Language Arts, Math, Social Studies)
Portfolio Submissions for 3rd Quarter
The 3rd quarter portfolio submissions were due on Feb. 10 and must be submitted by Mar. 10. All portfolios need to be submitted no later than Mar. 10 to give the teachers time to review and grade them before the end of the quarter. If you have any questions about portfolios, please contact your mentor.
The guidelines for portfolios are as follows:
- 5-8 portfolio items per subject.
- Items need to show student work, and examples could include worksheets, reports, tests/quizzes, science projects, etc. Remember that portfolio Items should be the student’s actual work, not a learning log or description of what the student has been doing.
- Portfolio items need to be grade-level work.
- Portfolio items need to demonstrate student work over the course of at least 2 months.
- Be sure that any files that you submit are in pdf or jpeg format. Some formats are not accessible for our teachers. Only file formats that a teacher can access will be graded.
Are you part of our growing community of Harmony parents? If not, please join us and get social. It’s a great place to share what is working with your family, ask questions of other parents, and receive updates on Harmony activities.
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/harmonyedTennessee/
- Instagram https://www.instagram.com/harmonyed_/
We wish you a wonderful school year!
Brianna Webster, Pioneer Account Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Denise Glines, Paraeducator (email@example.com)
Carly Edwards, Mentor (firstname.lastname@example.org)