Hello, Harmony / Pioneer Virtual Academy Families,
We are almost at the end of 1st semester so make sure any last-minute work is turned in. Your students will have over Christmas break to finish up any work if they choose to. We hope you have a wonderful break and form amazing memories with your family.
In this Touchpoint:
- Flex Submission Dates
- Portfolio Submissions for 2nd Quarter
- Checking Grades in School Pathways
- Resource Orders
- Get Social
A great place to stay up-to-date on important dates is the calendar found on the parent dashboard. Here you’ll find information such as Flex submission dates, testing dates, school dates, etc.
Click here for the official Pioneer Virtual Academy calendar for the 2022-23 school year.
Upcoming School Dates:
Dec 19- Jan 4: Christmas Break (No School)
Jan 1: Last day to submit Flex and Portfolio and complete online classes
Jan 5: Beginning of 2nd Semester
Jan 16: MLK Jr. Day (No School)
Flex Submission Dates
Here is the remaining Flex submission date for 2nd quarter.
- December 16 – (No Kindergarten Submission)
Jan. 1 is the final date that students are able to submit Flex worksheets for 2nd quarter. Be sure to have all Flex worksheets submitted prior to the end of the quarter.
Portfolio Submissions for 2nd Quarter
The 2nd quarterly portfolio submissions were due on Nov. 18 and must be submitted by Jan. 1. All portfolios need to be submitted no later than Jan. 1 to give the teachers time to review and grade them before the end of the quarter. If you have any questions about portfolios, please contact your mentor.
The guidelines for portfolios are as follows:
- 5-8 portfolio items per subject.
- Items need to show student work, and examples could include worksheets, reports, tests/quizzes, science projects, etc. Remember that portfolio Items should be the student’s actual work, not a learning log or description of what the student has been doing.
- Portfolio items need to be grade-level work.
- Portfolio items need to demonstrate student work over the course of at least 2 months.
- Be sure that any files that you submit are in pdf or jpeg format. Some formats are not accessible for our teachers. Only file formats that a teacher can access will be graded.
Checking Grades in School Pathways
Be sure to check School Pathways for your child’s course grades. School Pathways is used to gather all online, Flex, and Portfolio grades into one place. Twice a month grades are updated, based on student progress and scores on assignments. Login emails for School Pathways were recently sent out for all students. Contact your mentor if you missed that email to have it sent to you again.
Resource ordering is now open again from December 1 to January 31. Please note that orders placed in December are not guaranteed delivery before Christmas.
You are also able to submit a reimbursement request each month from now through May for each child. Only one document may be uploaded for each reimbursement request, but you may include multiple receipts in the document.
You can check your student’s funding balance by going to your parent dashboard and scrolling down to see your child’s name. Then click on Student Funding Account. There you’ll see the remaining balance for your child.
You can also check the status of your resource orders by clicking on each resource order link. If there is an issue with your resource order, you can contact the ordering department by submitting a Help Desk Ticket. You may leave comments related to missing items, provide additional information, etc. Note: The Help Desk is only for resource order questions.
Are you part of our growing community of Harmony parents? If not, please join us and get social. It’s a great place to share what is working with your family, ask questions of other parents, and receive updates on Harmony activities.
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/harmonyedTennessee/
- Instagram https://www.instagram.com/harmonyed_/
We wish you a wonderful school year!
Brianna Webster, Pioneer Account Manager (email@example.com)
Denise Glines, Paraeducator (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Carly Edwards, Mentor (email@example.com)