Home Centered Education for Tennessee Students
Supported by Schools and Teachers
Free Individualized Education
Every child has different capacities, interests and passions. We understand that students flourish when education is individualized to their unique needs. Harmony provides a variety of courses and programs for all ages, ensuring a truly customized learning experience. Tennessee students who want to participate in the Harmony program for free do so by enrolling with a Harmony partner public school. Families also have the option to purchase a curriculum package directly from Harmony. This gives families the flexibility to learn at home, access online curriculum and attend on-site programs (where available).
- Individualize your child’s education
- Create custom learning paths through Harmony’s variety of curriculum offerings
- Create customized courses using Harmony’s Portfolio Course
HOW IT WORKS
Harmony maximizes flexibility for each parent to create a truly individualized educational plan for their children.
An educational allowance of $300 per course (6 courses) is allocated for each student. This allowance may be used for courses and educational resources that meet your child’s educational needs.*
A student’s allowance is first applied to required courses and then to elective courses. Any remaining funds may be used for technology, learning resources, and/or approved educational activities.
Harmony delivers the courses and educational resources directly to the student with no out-of-pocket expenses to the family.
All courses and use of public funds must be approved by the student’s school and must comply with all applicable laws and board rules.
*Kindergarten allowance is half of the grade 1-8 allowance.
- Select your core courses. The cost of each core course will be deducted from a student’s total allowance.
- Select elective courses. The cost of each elective will be deducted from a student’s total allowance.
- Request your educational resources. Any funds remaining after course selection will be available for educational resources, including 3rd party providers.
- Request a laptop, if needed, as part of your educational resource package. Students may request technology that best serves their family. Please keep in mind that some courses may not be compatible with tablets and that the technical requirements for each course should be reviewed prior to making a selection.
Create Your Parent Login to Add Your Child to the Enrollment List
Copyright © 2015-2021 Harmony Educational Services