Hello Wasatch / Harmony Families,
Happy Holidays! We hope you have a warm and healthy holiday season with your family and loved ones. Let’s be sure to have a strong finish for 2nd quarter!
Please read this touchpoint email carefully, especially the information about the end of the semester and final submission dates.
In this Touchpoint:
- Important Dates
- End of 2nd Quarter
- Portfolio Submissions
- Checking Grades in School Pathways
- Options Day for 2nd Semester
- Resource Orders
- Get Social
You can also find the calendar on your parent dashboard.
Upcoming School Dates
- Dec. 20: Last day of 2nd quarter
- December 21-January 3: Winter break
- December 23-26, January 2: Harmony office closed
- January 4: 3rd quarter begins
Flex Submission Dates
Here is the remaining Flex submission date for 2nd quarter.
- December 10 – [No Kindergarten Submission]
Dec. 20 is the final date that students are able to submit Flex worksheets for 2nd quarter. Be sure to have all Flex worksheets submitted prior to the end of the quarter.
End of 2nd Quarter
Mark your calendars for the end of first semester on Dec. 20! This is the final date that students are able to work in online courses and is also the final date to submit Flex worksheets or quizzes. Portfolios for 2nd quarter were due on Nov. 18 and must be submitted no later than Dec. 16 (see below for more information).
The 2nd quarterly portfolio submissions were due on Nov. 18 and must be submitted by Dec. 16. All portfolios need to be submitted no later than Dec. 16 to give the teachers time to review and grade them before the end of the quarter. If you have any questions about portfolios, please contact your mentor.
The guidelines for portfolios are as follows:
- 5-8 portfolio items per subject.
- Items need to show student work, and examples could include worksheets, reports, tests/quizzes, science projects, etc. Remember that portfolio Items should be the student’s actual work, not a learning log or description of what the student has been doing.
- Portfolio items need to be grade-level work.
- Portfolio items need to demonstrate student work over the course of at least 2 months.
- Be sure that any files that you submit are in pdf or jpeg format. Some formats are not accessible for our teachers. Only file formats that a teacher can access will be graded.
Checking Grades in School Pathways
Be sure to check School Pathways for your child’s course grades. School Pathways is used to gather all online, Flex, and Portfolio grades into one place. Twice a month grades are updated, based on student progress and scores on assignments. Login emails for School Pathways were recently sent out for all students. Contact your mentor if you missed that email to have it sent to you again.
Options Day for 2nd Semester
Did you know that your child can still join Options Day for 2nd semester! Options Day offers 4 hours of fun, elective classes with other Harmony students. If you are interested in Options Day for 2nd semester, your mentor can help you and also answer any questions you may have.
Lehi: Tuesday spots available; Thursday limited spots available
Logan: Tuesday spots available
Roy: Limited spots available
Resource ordering is now open again from December 1 to January 31. Please note that orders placed in December are not guaranteed delivery before Christmas.
You are also able to submit a reimbursement request each month from now through May for each child. Only one document may be uploaded for each reimbursement request, but you may include multiple receipts in the document.
You can check your student’s funding balance by going to your parent dashboard and scrolling down to see your child’s name. Then click on Student Funding Account. There you’ll see the remaining balance for your child.
You can also check the status of your resource orders by clicking on each resource order link. If there is an issue with your resource order, you can contact the ordering department by submitting a Help Desk Ticket. You may leave comments related to missing items, provide additional information, etc. Note: The Help Desk is only for resource order questions.
Are you part of our growing community of Harmony parents? If not, please join us and get social. It’s a great place to share what is working with your family, ask questions of other parents, and receive updates on Harmony activities.
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/harmonyedutah/
- Instagram https://www.instagram.com/harmonyed_/
Have a wonderful December!
Nancie Pratt, Program Manager
Ashley Coney, Mentor
Carly Purdy, Mentor
Cristi Aguirre, Mentor
Emery Melendez, Mentor
Libby Rice, Mentor
Lynelle McElhannon, Mentor
Melissa Newberg, Mentor
Noelle Quijano, Mentor
Ranya Williams, Mentor
Sarah Dooley, Mentor
Stacy Snow, Mentor
Denise Glines, Paraeducator