Hello Wasatch / Harmony Families,
We hope you are staying warm and that your children’s education is going well for 3rd quarter.
This is our touchpoint email, and you will receive one every month. Look for it because it will contain pertinent links, important dates and other information to keep you fully informed. Be sure to add this email address to your contact list so that you never miss one.
In this Touchpoint:
- Important Dates
- Important: Enrollment for 2022-23
- Wasatch Homeroom / Attendance
- Staying on Pace
- Resource Ordering
- Get Social
Here are important upcoming dates. You can also find the calendar on your parent dashboard.
Upcoming School Dates
- Feb. 21: Presidents Day, no school, Harmony office closed
- March 11: End of 3rd quarter, deadline for 3rd quarter work
- March 14-21: Spring Break: no school and mentors will be on break as well
- May 27: Last day of school, end of 4th quarter, deadline for 4th quarter work
Portfolio Submission Dates
Get ready for the 3rd quarter portfolio submission! It’s coming up on March 4.
Due dates for portfolio submissions:
- Mar. 4: 3rd quarter portfolio due
- May 6: 4th quarter portfolio due
Flex Submission Dates
Here are the remaining Flex Direct and Flex Independent submission due dates for 3rd quarter:
- February 11 – (Kindergarten – Language Arts, Math, Science)
- February 25 – (Kindergarten – Language Arts, Math)
Flex Direct and Flex Independent submission due dates for 4th quarter:
- March 11 – (No Kindergarten Submission)
- April 1 – (Kindergarten – Language Arts, Math, Science)
- April 15 – (Kindergarten – Language Arts, Math)
- April 29 – (Kindergarten – Language Arts, Math, Science)
- May 13 – (Kindergarten – Language Arts, Math)
Important: Enrollment for 2022-23
It is now time to start enrollment confirmation for the 2022-2023 school year for Wasatch Learning Academy. Please follow the steps below to complete the re-enrollment process.
Step 1: Click here to be directed to Harmony’s Enrollment Confirmation form. Please fill out this form for each student, even if they will not be returning to Harmony Educational Services/Wasatch Learning Academy for the 2022-23 school year.
- We ask that you make a decision as soon as possible. If the Enrollment Confirmation form is not filled out in a timely manner, your student may not get the classes they want for the 2022-23 school year.
Step 2: If you have a 6th grader going into 7th grade and do not have a personal exemption for immunizations, the following immunizations are required for re-enrollment: a TDAP booster and Meningococcal. If you are exempting your child(ren) from immunizations, please use this link:
Utah Immunization Exemption Module
- You can upload any completed immunizations or exemption forms into your child’s profile in your Harmony account. https://harmonyed.com/frc/enrollment/submit-documents/
- Each family is requested by the state of Utah to complete their immunizations if they are not up to date, rather than fill out an exemption form for missing immunizations.
** If you have new students you would like to enroll, make sure that they are on the applicant list here. We will be sending new student information to you soon. **
Wasatch Homeroom / Attendance
Be sure to have your child respond to the weekly discussion post in the Wasatch Homeroom in Canvas. The question is posted each Friday, and you have until the following Thursday to answer the question. Doing so provides WLA a weekly “attendance log” and helps them to have a connection with students. This is an important part of your child’s attendance with WLA.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Piper Riddle, director of Wasatch Learning Academy, at 435-654-6018 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Staying on Pace
Make sure that your child is on pace with their coursework. Please be sure to stay on pace with your submissions, as well as online coursework.
Contact your mentor if you have a question or issue regarding your student’s courses. Your mentor is your main point of contact at Harmony and is available to help with any issues and concerns you may be having about courses, ordering, grades, etc.
You are also able to submit a reimbursement request each month from now through May for each child. Only one document may be uploaded for each reimbursement request, but you may include multiple receipts in the document.
You can check your student’s funding balance by going to your parent dashboard and clicking on the Funding tab.
Get ready for the 2022-23 school year! You can start creating wishlists for learning resources for the 2022-23 school year. Remember that all receipts need to be dated July 1 or later in order to submit the receipts for reimbursement for the new school year.
Are you on Facebook? Are you part of our growing community of Harmony parents? If not, please join us and get social. It’s a great place to share what is working with your family, ask questions of other parents, and receive updates on Harmony activities. Find us at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/harmonyedutah/
Nancie Pratt, Program Manager (email@example.com)
Denise Glines, Specific Needs Specialist (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Julie Sharpe, Lead Mentor (email@example.com)
Ashley Coney, Mentor (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Carly Purdy, Mentor (email@example.com)
Cristi Aguirre, Mentor (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Libby Rice, Mentor (email@example.com)
Melissa Newberg, Mentor (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Noelle Quijano, Mentor (email@example.com)
Ranya Williams, Mentor (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Sarah Dooley, Mentor (email@example.com)
Talia Capdepon, Mentor (firstname.lastname@example.org)