Hello Wasatch / Harmony Families,
Happy spring! We do hope that spring weather will be here soon.
This is our touchpoint email, and you will receive one every month. Look for it because it will contain pertinent links, important dates and other information to keep you fully informed. Be sure to add this email address to your contact list so that you never miss one.
In this Touchpoint:
- Important Dates
- Possible Salt Lake Options Day
- Enrollment Now Open for 2023-24
- Important: Wasatch Homeroom / Attendance
- Spotlight: Reading Eggs
- Staying on Pace
- Harmony Portfolio Courses
- Get Social
Here are important upcoming dates. You can also find the calendar on your parent dashboard.
- April 3-7: Spring Break, no school
- April 28: 4th quarter portfolio submissions due
- May 26: End of 4th Quarter, last day of school
- May 29: Memorial Day, Harmony office closed
Flex Submission Dates
Here are the Flex Direct and Flex Independent submission due dates for 4th quarter:
- March 17 – (No Kindergarten Submission)
- March 31 – (Kindergarten – Language Arts, Math, Science)
- April 21 – (Kindergarten – Language Arts, Math)
- May 5 – (Kindergarten – Language Arts, Math, Science)
- May 19 – (Kindergarten – Language Arts, Math)
Possible Salt Lake Options Day
We are gathering information about how many students might attend an Options Day site in the Salt Lake area. A minimum of 40 students is needed to open a new location.
If you are interested in Options Day coming to the Salt Lake area, please email our Options Day manager, Michelle Symkoviak, at msymkoviak@harmonyed. Be sure to include your name, contact information, and how many students would be attending.
Enrollment Now Open for 2023-24
Enrollment for the 2023-24 school year is now open for Wasatch Learning Academy! Please follow the steps below to complete the re-enrollment process.
Step 1: Click here to be directed to Harmony’s Enrollment Confirmation form. Please fill out this form for each student, even if they will not be returning to Harmony Educational Services/Wasatch Learning Academy for the 2023-24 school year. We ask that you make a decision as soon as possible.
Step 2: If you have a 6th grader going into 7th grade and do not have a personal exemption for immunizations, the following immunizations are required for re-enrollment: a TDAP booster and Meningococcal. If you are exempting your child(ren) from immunizations, please use this link:
Utah Immunization Exemption Module
- You can upload any completed immunizations or exemption forms into your child’s profile in your Harmony account: https://harmonyed.com/frc/enrollment/submit-documents/
- Each family is requested by the state of Utah to complete their immunizations if they are not up to date, rather than fill out an exemption form for missing immunizations.
If you have new students you would like to enroll, make sure that they are on the applicant list here. We will be sending new student information to you soon.
We look forward to working with your family for the new school year!
Important: Wasatch Homeroom / Attendance
Be sure to have your child respond to the weekly discussion post in the Wasatch Homeroom in Canvas. The question is posted each Friday, and you have until the following Friday to answer the question. Doing so provides WLA a weekly “attendance log,” and this is an important part of your child’s enrollment with WLA.
Spotlight: Reading Eggs
Did you know that Harmony provides Reading Eggs accounts to all students? Reading Eggs is an online reading and phonics program, including 4 programs.
- Reading Eggs begins at the emergent level, helping pre-K through 2nd grade learners develop foundational skills as they learn letters and sounds, spelling, sight words, and basic sentences.
- Reading Eggspress includes exciting learning tasks that encourage proficient reading for 2nd/3rd through 6th grade students, helping them to develop reading, spelling, and vocabulary skills through engaging, age-appropriate activities and games.
- Fast Phonics is designed to teach, reinforce, and assess core phonics skills with 400 quick and fun lessons entirely focused on synthetic phonics instruction.
- The extensive online Library is packed with a collection of over 2,500 fiction and nonfiction ebooks. Students can select stories according to Lexile level, reading age, or genre, and they can even listen to books read aloud.
You are encouraged to use this program with your children as best meets their needs. There are no expected number of activities, and students are not required to use this program.
A new Reading Eggs section has been added to Harmony’s Curriculum Orientation, and you can find it here.
Note: Students in the Wasatch Connect program receive other supplemental programs.
Staying on Pace
Please be sure to stay on pace with your submissions, as well as online coursework. Contact your mentor if you have a question or issue regarding your student’s courses. Your mentor is your main point of contact at Harmony and is available to help with any issues and concerns you may be having about courses, ordering, grades, etc.
Harmony Portfolio Courses
Third quarter is over on March 10, and we want you to be ready for the 4th quarter portfolio submissions, which are due on April 28. If you have any questions about portfolios, please contact your mentor.
You may still submit a reimbursement request each month from now through May 31 for each child. You can now submit multiple files per reimbursement request, so you no longer need to combine receipts into one document.
Resource ordering is now closed for the 2022-23 school year. This includes resource orders for learning materials, Internet, and 3rd Party in which Harmony pays directly for the orders.
You can check your student’s funding balance by going to your parent dashboard and clicking on the Funding tab.
You can also check the status of your resource orders by clicking on each resource order link. If there is an issue with your resource order, you can contact the ordering department by submitting a Help Desk Ticket. You may leave comments related to missing items, provide additional information, etc. Note: The Help Desk is only for resource order questions.
Are you on Facebook? Are you part of our growing community of Harmony parents? If not, please join us and get social. It’s a great place to share what is working with your family, ask questions of other parents, and receive updates on Harmony activities. Find us at:
Nancie Pratt, Program Manager
Ashley Coney, Mentor
Carly Purdy, Mentor
Emery Melendez, Mentor
Libby Rice, Mentor
Lynelle McElhannon, Mentor
Melissa Newberg, Mentor
Noelle Quijano, Mentor
Ranya Williams, Mentor
Sarah Dooley, Mentor
Stacy Snow, Mentor
Denise Glines, Paraeducator