Hello Wasatch / Harmony Families,
Wow, we have reached the final month of the school year! Congratulations to everyone, parents and students, for all your hard work during this school year.
In this Touchpoint:
- Important Dates
- Deadlines for Submitting 4th Quarter Work
- Enrollment Deadline Updates
- Reimbursement Requests
- Possible Salt Lake Options Day
- Ask Harmony – Parent Information Meetings
- Get Social
Here are important upcoming dates. You can also find the calendar on your parent dashboard.
Upcoming School / Harmony Dates
- May 26: Last day of school, end of 4th Quarter
- May 29: Memorial Day, Harmony office closed
Deadlines for Submitting 4th Quarter Work
As we near the end of the school year, please plan on having all work completed and submitted by the following dates. This will allow us time to grade the work and report the grades to Wasatch.
- Flex Direct and Flex Independent: All work submitted no later than May 19
- Online work: All work completed by May 25
- Portfolio submissions: All portfolio items submitted no later than May 23
Enrollment Deadline Update
We want to let you know that due to recent changes at the school level, new students must be registered in the school’s Aspire system no later than June 1, 2023, in order to be able to complete enrollment for the 2023-24 school year. While this change may not affect your family, we wanted you to be aware of it.
There are several exceptions to the June 1 deadline, which include the following:
- Returning enrollment will be treated at a family level, meaning that if a family was enrolled with the program for 2022-23, they can enroll returning and new students past June 1.
- Any new student who lives in Wasatch County can enroll in the program after June 1.
- Returning students have until late August / early September to complete Aspire registration (date will be announced as soon as possible).
If you have not completed the following steps for all of your children, we encourage you to complete enrollment as soon as possible so that your child’s spot is secure for the 2023-24 school year.
Step 1: Click here to be directed to Harmony’s Enrollment Confirmation form. Please fill out this form for each student, even if they will not be returning to Harmony Educational Services/Wasatch Learning Academy for the 2023-24 school year. We ask that you make a decision as soon as possible.
Step 2: If you have a 6th grader going into 7th grade and do not have a personal exemption for immunizations, the following immunizations are required for re-enrollment: a TDAP booster and Meningococcal. If you are exempting your child(ren) from immunizations, please use this link: Utah Immunization Exemption Module
- You can upload any completed immunizations or exemption forms into your child’s profile in your Harmony account: https://harmonyed.com/frc/enrollment/submit-documents/
- Each family is requested by the state of Utah to complete their immunizations if they are not up to date, rather than fill out an exemption form for missing immunizations.
If you have new students you would like to enroll, make sure that they are on the applicant list here. We will be sending new student information to you soon.
Reimbursement requests are available through May 31 for the 2022-23 school year.
You can check your student’s funding balance by following the steps below, since most of the parent dashboard has been set for the 2023-24 school year.
How to see reimbursement requests and other information for the 2022-23 school year:
- On the right side of the parent dashboard, select student.
- Scroll down to Previous Years Information.
- Click on the red bar – View Previous Years Information.
- Here you can the 2022-23 funding account, resource orders, reimbursement requests, etc.
- For example, scroll down to Reimbursement Requests.
- Click on the arrow button to see the reimbursement requests for 2022-23.
- Follow these steps to view the 2022-23 funding account and other information.
You are also able to submit reimbursement requests through the end of this month. Scroll down to Reimbursement Requests and click on Request Reimbursement for .
Get ready for the 2023-24 school year! You can start creating wishlists for learning resources for the 2023-24 school year. Remember that all receipts need to be dated July 1 or later in order to submit the receipts for reimbursement for the new school year.
Possible Salt Lake Options Day
We are gathering information about how many students might attend an Options Day site in the Salt Lake area. A minimum of 40 students is needed to open a new location.
If you are interested in Options Day coming to the Salt Lake area, please email our Options Day manager, Michelle Symkoviak, at msymkoviak@harmonyed. Be sure to include your name, contact information, and how many students would be attending.
Ask Harmony – Parent Information Meetings
Join us on Zoom every Thursday at 1 pm from now through September. Bring your questions, get them answered! Please invite friends who may be interested in joining Harmony.
Zoom meeting link is available here: https://us06web.zoom.us/s/89116793801#success
Are you on Facebook? Are you part of our growing community of Harmony parents? If not, please join us and get social. It’s a great place to share what is working with your family, ask questions of other parents, and receive updates on Harmony activities. Find us at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/harmonyedutah/
Nancie Pratt, Program Manager
Ashley Coney, Mentor
Carly Purdy, Mentor
Emery Melendez, Mentor
Libby Rice, Mentor
Lynelle McElhannon, Mentor
Melissa Newberg, Mentor
Noelle Quijano, Mentor
Ranya Williams, Mentor
Sarah Dooley, Mentor
Stacy Snow, Mentor
Denise Glines, Paraeducator