Hello Wasatch / Harmony Families,
Welcome to the start of second semester! It is time for another monthly touchpoint email.
This is our touchpoint email, and you will receive one every month. Look for it because it will contain pertinent links, important dates and other information to keep you fully informed. Be sure to add this email address to your contact list so that you never miss one.
In this Touchpoint:
- Important Dates
- First Semester Report Cards
- Staying on Pace
- Harmony Portfolio Courses
- Flex Feedback Form
- Resource Ordering
Here are important upcoming dates. You can also find the calendar on your parent dashboard.
Upcoming School Dates
- Presidents Day: Feb. 15, no school, Harmony office closed
- Spring Break (and other school closure dates): March 15-22, no school and mentors will be on break as well
- Easter Vacation: April 2, no school
- Last Day of School: May 27
Options Day Dates
Week of February 15: All locations, no Options Day due to Presidents Day
March 18: Heber location – no Options Day due to Spring Brea
May 11: Roy location – last day of Options Day classes
May 19: Lehi location – last day of Options Day classes
May 27: Heber location – last day of Options Day classes
Flex Submission Dates
Here are the Flex Direct and Flex Independent submission due dates for 2nd semester.
- January 15 (Kindergarten – Language Arts, Math, Science)
- January 29 (Kindergarten – Language Arts, Math)
- February 12 (Kindergarten – Language Arts, Math, Science)
- February 26 (Kindergarten – Language Arts, Math)
- March 12 (No Kindergarten Submission)
- March 26 (Kindergarten – Language Arts, Math, Science)
- April 9 (Kindergarten – Language Arts, Math)
- April 30 (Kindergarten – Language Arts, Math, Science)
- May 14 (Kindergarten – Language Arts, Math)
First Semester Report Cards
Final report cards for first semester are now available. Please note that term 1 and term 3 grades are for progress monitoring purposes. Term 2 and term 4 grades are the final semester grades.
You can log into the Wasatch Aspire SIS using this link (https://sisweb.wasatch.edu) to view your child’s grades. If you have any questions or concerns about your child’s grades, please contact your mentor.
Staying on Pace
With a new semester having just started, it’s a good time to make sure that your child is on pace with their Harmony/eSchool coursework. Please be sure to stay on pace with your submissions, as well as online coursework.
Contact your mentor if you have a question or issue regarding your student’s courses. Your mentor is your main point of contact at Harmony and is available to help with any issues and concerns you may be having about courses, ordering, grades, etc.
Harmony Portfolio Courses
Be sure to submit learning logs each week for your child’s Harmony Portfolio courses. This helps to stay on pace and to tell what your child has been working on during the week.
Once a quarter you will submit a portfolio for each core subject that shows that the student has been learning. Here are the quarterly portfolio submissions dates for 2nd semester:
- Feb. 26: 3rd quarterly portfolio due
- May 7: 4th quarterly portfolio due
The guidelines for portfolios are as follows:
- 5-8 portfolio items per subject.
- Items need to show student work, and examples could include worksheets, reports, tests/quizzes, science projects, etc. Remember that portfolio Items should be the student’s actual work, not a learning log or description of what the student has been doing.
- Portfolio items need to be grade-level work.
- Portfolio items need to demonstrate student work over the course of at least 2 months.
- Be sure that any files that you submit are in pdf or jpeg format. Some formats are not accessible for our teachers. Only file formats that a teacher can access will be graded.
If you have any questions about portfolios, please contact your mentor.
Flex Feedback Form
We’ve provided the Flex Feedback Form as a convenient way for you to let Harmony know about specific concerns with Flex quizzes or worksheets. These issues could include difficulty finding resources for a question, broken links to online resources, a confusing or misstated question, or even a spelling or grammatical error.
Please submit your specific concerns via the Flex Feedback Form. You can also find a link to the form on the parent dashboard in the Quick Access Links box.
Resource ordering is now open through January 31. This includes resource orders for learning materials, Internet, and 3rd Party in which Harmony pays directly for the orders.
You are also able to submit a reimbursement request each month from now through May for each child. Only one document may be uploaded for each reimbursement request, but you may include multiple receipts in the document.
You can check your student’s funding balance by going to your parent dashboard and scrolling down to see your child’s name. Then click on Student Funding Account. There you’ll see the remaining balance for your child.
You can also check the status of your resource orders by clicking on each resource order link. If there is an issue with your resource order, you can contact the ordering department by submitting a Help Desk Ticket. You may leave comments related to missing items, provide additional information, etc. Note: The Help Desk is only for resource order questions.
Nancie Pratt, Program Manager
Julie Sharpe, Lead Mentor
Ashley Coney, Mentor
Camille Purcell, Mentor
Carly Purdy, Mentor
Denise Glines, Mentor
Kelsi Cahoon, Mentor
Lacey Bean, Mentor
Libby Rice, Mentor
Melissa Newberg, Mentor
Noelle Quijano, Mentor
Ranya Williams, Mentor
Sarah Dooley, Mentor
Stacey Snow, Mentor
Talia Capdepon, Mentor