Hello Harmony / Iron County Families,
We hope you are having a great school year.
This is our touchpoint email, and you will receive one every month. Look for it because it will contain pertinent links, important dates and other information to keep you fully informed. Be sure to add this email address to your contact list so that you never miss one.
In this Touchpoint:
- Flex Submission Dates
- Portfolio Submissions for 2nd Quarter
- Resource Orders
- Get Social
A great place to stay up-to-date on important dates is the calendar found on the parent dashboard. Here you’ll find information such as Flex submission dates, testing dates, school dates, etc.
Click here for the official Iron County School District calendar for the 2021-22 school year.
Upcoming School Dates:
December 21: End of 1st Semester
December 22- January 3: Christmas Break – No School
January 17: Martin Luther King Jr. Day
This year it is important for students to turn assignments in on time and not get behind in online courses. Iron County cares about your students’ attendance and making sure that students learn what they need to in order to succeed.
- Attendance is tracked by progress. Students need to have grades of at least 70%. Students with a grade lower than 70% need to make 5% progress in at least one class every 2 weeks to be considered fully attending.
- Students that don’t progress at least 5% in at least one of the classes that is below 70% will receive a truancy letter.
- If your student is sick or will be out of town, let your mentor know so that the student can be marked as absent.
Flex Submission Dates
Here are the Flex Direct and Flex Independent submission dates for the 2nd quarter. Be sure to submit your students’ worksheets on time as this tracks attendance and progress.
- No Kindergarten Submission
Dec. 21 is the final date that students are able to submit Flex worksheets for 2nd quarter. Be sure to have all Flex worksheets submitted prior to the end of the quarter.
Flex worksheets for Kindergarten courses have been updated as follows:
- Kindergarten Language Arts: 16 total worksheets for the year
- Kindergarten Math: 16 total worksheets for the year
- Kindergarten Science: 8 worksheets for the year
Please note which Kindergarten worksheets will be submitted for each date.
To find helpful information about Flex Direct or Flex Independent courses, log into the Family Resource Center and go to the Curriculum Orientation. From the sidebar menu in the Flex Direct and Flex Independent sections, you’ll find FAQs, which include submission instructions and a submission video.
Portfolio Submissions for 2nd Quarter
For Harmony Portfolio courses, the 2nd quarter portfolio submissions are due on Dec. 3. All portfolios need to be submitted no later than Dec. 10 to give the teachers time to review and grade them before the end of the quarter.
The guidelines for portfolios are as follows:
- 5-8 portfolio items per subject.
- Items need to show student work, and examples could include worksheets, reports, tests/quizzes, science projects, etc. Remember that portfolio Items need to be the student’s actual work, not a learning log or description of what the student has been doing.
- Portfolio items need to be grade-level work.
- Portfolio items need to demonstrate student work over the course of 2 months.
Resource ordering is now open again from December 1 to January 31. Please note that orders placed in December are not guaranteed delivery before Christmas.
You are also able to submit a reimbursement request each month from now through May for each child. Only one document may be uploaded for each reimbursement request, but you may include multiple receipts in the document.
You can check your student’s funding balance by going to your parent dashboard and scrolling down to see your child’s name. Then click on Student Funding Account. There you’ll see the remaining balance for your child.
You can also check the status of your resource orders by clicking on each resource order link. If there is an issue with your resource order, you can contact the ordering department by submitting a Help Desk Ticket. You may leave comments related to missing items, provide additional information, etc. Note: The Help Desk is only for resource order questions.
Are you on Facebook? Are you part of our growing community of Harmony parents? If not, please join us and get social. It’s a great place to share what is working with your family, ask questions of other parents, and receive updates on Harmony activities. Find us at:
We wish you a wonderful school year!
Brianna Webster, Iron Account Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Denise Glines, Accommodations Specialist (email@example.com)
Amanda Hernandez, Mentor (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Gwen Adams, Mentor (email@example.com)
Hannah Keller, Mentor (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Ranya Williams, High School Mentor (email@example.com)
Stacey Snow, Mentor (firstname.lastname@example.org)