Utah Families - Learn How You Can Access Individualized and Flexible Home-based Educational Programs for Free
Free Individualized Education
Every child has different capacities, interests and passions. We understand that students flourish when education is individualized to their unique needs.
Harmony provides a variety of courses and programs for all ages, ensuring a truly customized learning experience.
Utah students who want to participate in the Harmony program for free do so by enrolling with a Harmony partner public school. Families also have the option to purchase a curriculum package directly from Harmony.
This gives families the flexibility to learn at home, access online curriculum and attend on-site programs (where available).
Each Harmony family receives a mentor who assists parents in planning for each child’s success. The mentor is the family’s primary contact with Harmony and is available to explain Harmony programs, match curriculum and resources to student needs, and provide support to parents and students throughout the year. Mentors work with parents to ensure that students have a wonderful educational experience.
Each Student’s Schedule Can Be Customized to Their Unique Needs!With parent and mentor guidance, each student will create a personalized schedule, choosing their courses from a variety of different providers.
Student Success Plan
With a mentor, parents create a Student Success Plan (SSP) to choose courses, curriculum, and a Harmony Plus option to best meet the needs of each child. Harmony purchases the curriculum and resources, so there are no out-of-pocket expenses for the family. Student schedules follow the guidelines below.
Kindergarten students choose:
- Core: Odyssey or Flex Kindergarten [Flex Kindergarten includes 3 subject areas (Language Arts, Math, and Science) and is considered one course when ordering learning materials.]
- Electives: Options Day Kindergarten or up to 2 elective kits
- OR Harmony Learning Expedition [All Odyssey core courses and Build Your Own Learning Adventure Kits (electives)]
Students in grades 1-6 select:
- Core: 3 core classes from a combination of Flex and/or online courses
- Electives: 3 elective courses/kits or Options Day (required)
- OR Harmony Learning Expedition (core courses and electives)
- OR Harmony’s Multi-Age Program (MAP) —an on-site blended program which includes core and elective courses
Students in grades 7-12 select:
- Core and Electives: 6 credits
- Students select a combination of Exceptional Scholar Program, Flex, Options, or online courses to complete their 6-credit schedule
- OR Harmony Learning Expedition (grades 7-12)
With Harmony’s public school option, Utah students can select from Harmony’s on-site courses and a variety of independent learning curriculum options, all at no cost!
Sample Elementary Student Schedules
- Dream Box: Math
- Harmony Flex: Language Arts
- Odyssey: Science
- Harmony Options: Lego Robotics
- Harmony Options: Children’s Theatre
- Harmony Options: Fun in the Outdoors
- Harmony Options: Karate
- ALEXS: Math 4
- Odyssey: Language Arts 4
- K12: Science 4
- Harmony Elective Kit: Advanced Art
- Harmony Elective Kit: Microscope
- Harmony Elective Kit: Civil War
- Multi-Age Program (MAP)
- Harmony Learning Expedition
Sample High School Student Schedules
- BYU Independent Study: Ninth-Grade English
- ALEKS: Secondary Math 1
- Harmony Flex: Earth Systems
- Plato: World History
- BYU Independent Study: Fitness for Life (Semester 1)
- eDynamic Learning: Middle School Photography: Drawing with Light (Semester 1)
- eDynamic Learning: Introduction to Culinary Arts (Semester 2)
- BYU Independent Study: Leadership (Semester 2)
- BYU Independent Study: Ninth-Grade English
- ALEKS: Secondary Math 1
- Odyssey: Biology
- Odyssey: World History & Geography
- BYU Independent Study: Foods and Nutrition, Part 1 (semester 1)
- BYU Independent Study: Foods and Nutrition, Part 2 (semester 2)
- BYU Independent Study: Computer Science (semester 1)
- eDynamic Learning: Early Childhood Education (semester 2)
Utah's On-Site Curriculum OfferingsOffered in Select Locations
Options Day complements your child’s core education by offering four fun on-site electives on one day. In addition to the supportive atmosphere that parents love, your children will enjoy learning from qualified instructors who have a passion for teaching. Classes may include karate, theater, Lego Robotics and more.
- Grades 1-8
Options Day Kindergarten
Options Day Kindergarten focuses on the arts, provides a positive classroom experience, and reinforces the great things that students are learning at home. Offered for four hours during Options Day.
Multi-Age Program (MAP)
Multi-Age Program (MAP) is an exciting, blended learning program. Experienced, creative teachers provide an energetic learning atmosphere two days a week at a Harmony Learning Center. Students receive online curriculum, resources, and activities for learning at home three days a week. This on-site elementary program offers two classroom settings: one for students 6-9 years old and another for students 9-12 years old.
- Grades 1-6
Utah Independent Learning Curriculum OfferingsAvailable to All Students throughout Utah
Harmony Learning Expeditions
Harmony Learning Expeditions provides students with Compass Learning Odyssey for ALL core courses. In addition, students receive resources for Build Your Own Learning Adventure Kits to expand core learning and facilitate elective subjects that a child is interested in. Harmony will purchase these resources and have them shipped directly to your home.
- Grades K-12
Flex is an individualized course of study for independent learners who want to choose learning materials that are important to you. Core course materials are customized to your child’s unique learning, and Harmony provides the curriculum that your child needs to be successful – at no cost to you. Throughout the semester, students demonstrate their knowledge of state standards by completing worksheet assessments.
- Students in grades 1-12 may take up to 4 Flex core year-long courses.
- Students in grades 7-12 may take up to 2 Flex elective semester courses.
- Flex Kindergarten is a comprehensive course covering math, language arts, and science.
- Parents work with their Harmony mentor to select learning materials that will help their child succeed in the course. ($150 value per core course and $75 per elective course) NOTE: Flex Kindergarten is one course covering 3 subject areas, and curriculum with a value of $150 may be selected for this course.
- Harmony orders and ships learning materials to your home for your child’s use throughout the school year.
- Grades K-8 submit worksheets every 2 weeks.
- Grades 9-12 submit worksheets weekly.
Harmony offers a broad range of curriculum so that you can individualize the education of your child with our online courses. Students may select online courses in any combination with Harmony’s Options, Flex and ESP courses. A variety of core and elective courses are available, and educational support is offered by our customer service representatives and instructors. Harmony provides online course subscriptions at no cost to the student. You can customize your online learning experience from the broad range of learning providers.
- Grades K-12
All Utah Students Receive Additional Educational Resources
Each student receives a Harmony Plus+ option that best suits their needs. They may select one of the following:
- Laptop computer for use during the school year.
Internet Reimbursement Reimbursement for Internet fees for the school year (one per family)
- Kindergarten – up to $250 per school year
- Grades 1-6 – up to $500 per school year
- Grades 7-12 based on financial hardship (state law)
- Up to $500 per school year
- Reimbursed in January and May
Additional Learning Materials
- If neither technology option is needed, you may select additional curriculum and learning materials for your child to support their education based on their Student Success Plan.
- Up to $500 for returning students and $400 for new students (grades 1-12)
- Up to $250 for kindergarten students
Access to the Harmony Resource Library
Another Harmony benefit is access to the the Harmony’s Curriculum Resource Library, where you can check out additional curriculum and learning materials for your child to use throughout the school year.
Free Individualized EducationGain Access to Free Harmony Curriculum
(801) 471-0208 | 269 East 400 South, Springville, UT 84663
Copyright © 2015-2017 Harmony Educational Services, LLC